Restoring iPhone Contacts after a crash
This applies to an iPhone 4 (GSM) 16gb, model MC318LL running IOS 5.1.1
Itunes version is 11.0.1
First, be sure to backup the backup since iPhone has a nasty habit of
immediately backing up the phone before you can get to the restore and thus
destroying your latest backup. You may be able to avoid this destructive backup
in itunes by: edit-> preferences -> devices -> check (prevent iPods, iPhones and
iPads from syncing automatically)
On Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using the supplied USB
cable; if you have a Wi-Fi connection, your iPhone does not require
- Launch iTunes if it does not launch automatically.
- Click the "iPhone" button.
- Select "Restore" from Summary tab.
- Decline the option to make a backup if prompted by selecting
"Don't Back Up."
- Select "Restore" to confirm you wish to restore your iPhone.
Your last backup, including contacts, calendar, phone log, restores to your iPhone.
- Your iPhone will re-start and display the Apple logo.
- Read more:
See also: http://www.iphonehelp.org/
Primary Computer Service, Inc.
Copyright © 2013 [Primary Computer Service,
Inc]. All rights reserved.